WARSAW WIND BAND CONDUCTING COMPETITION 2023
1. The Ensemblage Foundation is the organizer of the Competition.
2. The Competition is open to wind band conductors without age or nationality restrictions.
3. Entering the Competition is tantamount to acceptance of these Regulations.
4. Participants of the Competition are required to pay the entry fee of 50 Euros by October 31, 2023 to the bank account number of the Ensemblage Foundation (video preselection):
IBAN PL79 1240 6410 1111 0010 6356 6403
Participants are required to submit a video link (max. 10 minutes).
5. The candidate should submit the following items in a single email to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- submission of the email with these contents and proof of payment will constitute registration for the competition.
- name and surname of the participant
- country of origin
- e-mail address
- short artistic curriculum vitae (up to 900 letters)
- confirmation of payment of registration fee
- a link to a video recording presenting the participant’s conducting skills
- The recording to which the participant attaches a link in the application form should comply with the following requirements:
- a) duration: up to 10 minutes,
- b) quality: 720 px or higher,
- c) camera positioning: facing the conductor (view from the orchestra perspective)
- d) recording with wind orchestra is preferred, but recording with other ensembles (symphony orchestra, chamber orchestra, choir, two pianos) is also acceptable.
- e) The recording should be posted on any of the streaming services (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo), as public or non-public, with the condition that each member of the Competition Jury, using the link sent by the participant, will be able to play the video in an unlimited way (e.g. in terms of time, location) and without the necessity to download the video
6. Out of all the applications the Competition Jury will select 20 participants qualified for Stage II of the Competition. Participants qualified for Stage II of the Competition must arrange travel to Warsaw for the dates of Stages II, III, and IV.
7. The list of participants qualified for Stage II will be announced to the public by 1st November 2023 via the Competition website https://sites.google.com/view/wwbcc-2023
8. In case of qualifying for the second stage of the competition, the participant is required to pay 150 euros.
If a participant has not paid the additional entry fee by November 15, 2023, it is tantamount to resignation from participation in Stage II of the Competition. In this case, the Competition Jury has the right to qualify to Stage II a participant of Stage I from the reserve list.
9. The jury will be appointed by the organizers of the Competition.
10. The settlement of the Competition will take place by December 9, 2023.
11. The winners of the Competition will receive diplomas, statuettes, and cash prizes.
12. The Jury may decide on a different distribution of prizes. Decisions of the Jury are final and indisputable.
13. Travel and accommodation costs are covered by the participants.
14. Information about the Competition is available on the website: https://sites.google.com/view/wwbcc2023
15. Pursuant to Art. 13 of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (OJ L 2016.119.1 of 4 May 2016, hereinafter referred to as GDPR), the Organiser hereby informs that:
a) The administrator of personal data of the Participants is the Ensemblage Foundation (Fundacja Ensemblage), Apt. 21, 9 Karabeli Street, 01-313 Warsaw.
b) The controller has appointed a data protection supervisor to supervise the correctness of the processing of personal data of the participants, who may be contacted via e- mail: email@example.com
c) Personal data of participants will be processed for the purpose of organizing the Warsaw Wind Band Conducting Competition 2023.
d) Categories of personal data include: name and surname, e-mail address, date of born, country of origin, biography, photo.
e) Providing data is voluntary, but necessary for participation in the Competition.
f) Personal data of participants may be transferred to entities processing personal data at the request of the administrator.
g) The data will be kept for the period necessary to carry out the tasks of the Competition.
h) The data of participants shall not be transferred to a third countries or an international organisations.
i) The participants shall have the right to access the content of their data and the right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, portability, right to object, right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of consent prior to its withdrawal.
j) Participants have the right to file a complaint with the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data, if they consider that the processing of their personal data violates the regulations of the GDPR (President of the Personal Data Protection Office, ul. Stawki 2, 00-193 Warsaw).
k) Data will not be processed automatically and will not be profiled.